Unibody VS non-unibody MBP LED-backlit Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by picar, Oct 7, 2010.

1. picar macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just read an product description of 17" MBP in amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC226LL-17-Inch-Laptop/dp/B002C745WS

It stated that "the display offers a 60 percent greater color gamut than previous generations for richer, more vibrant colors". It seems that the unibody MBP display out-performed in terms of color space.

I planed to buy a used 17" MBP (early 2008) because of the limited budget. I want to use it for photo-editing by photoshop. In photoshop, color is everything. I am wondring if the color difference is really obvious when the color is compared side by side. Does anyone happend to have the previous version 17" mbp and the unibody one. Could you tell me the LCD of early 2008 version MBP is really that bad?? If so, maybe I will go for a 15" unibody.

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

I am, by no means, an expert in these screens but I work at my school's help desk and have serviced both types of these laptops. FWIW, the colors on the newer screens do pop a little more (irregardless of the whole matte vs. glossy debate with the glass) and the displays are definitely brighter.

Whether or not this is good for color reproduction I don't know but if the previous gen were fine (they were very popular with photographers, iirc) then it should be no problem.

Just my two cents. :)