Unibody White Spots?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Guzaking, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Guzaking macrumors member

I'm shopping for an old used MBP which I can service and customize...no thanks to the current Apple direction mannaggia! :confused: and I see alot of MBP's advertised with large white spots on the aluminum unibody.

And I'm saying to myself that if someone wanted to advertise their computer and take many large-sized pictures of it to get top dollar for it, then why wouldn't they wipe it clean so it looks as pristine as possible.

My only assumption is that they can't and the grease or oils from their hands have permanently dis-colored the aluminum unibody. But is this possible?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Example??

3. Guzaking thread starter macrumors member

I see these white spots on sooo many unibody Mac Book Pros for sale on eBay that it must be some sort of permanent discoloration I'm guessing, cause why would many sellers not clean them off?

These 2 pics are from 2 separate adverts but there are many other adverts showing the same symptoms. I have been aggressively searching for MBP's for the past few weeks and have noticed this to be a common issue.

Attached Files:

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

I suspect that it's just dirt and fingerprints, and the sellers just couldn't be bothered to clean the items before taking photos of them to post in the listing.

5. Guzaking thread starter macrumors member

I don't know...I'm seeing alot more of these MBP's with white blemishes on the unibody's on eBay. I can't fathom that all of these sellers are just too lazy to wipe them off before taking photos.