unibody wrist protection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knotgreen, Mar 4, 2010.

1. knotgreen macrumors newbie

One of my criticisms about the new unibody Macbook is the component looks great after I clean it with iKlear, but soon after the areas surrounding the trackpad smudges and look dirty. I see this in the Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV058LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2OA&mco=MTA4OTI1MjA&s=priceLH

but it seems to be for older Macbooks. I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions aside from constantly cleaning this thing. The slippery surface isn't all that comfortable, so I'm not opposed to something similar to the aforementioned product. Thanks!

2. DFTU101 macrumors member

I use this product on all my Mac laptops. Works great. Also give a little cushion and comfort to the wrist area and gives a layer of protection to the screen (it's thickness keeps the keys from hitting the screen in the closed mode).

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Don't know about the Power Support product, it's relatively new. I like the Moshi palmguard, which has been around for a long time. I had it on my white and black MBs. It gives a nice matte finish, and it's very easy to clean. It is also rather thick and robust, won't scratch easily.

I also used the invisible shield film before. This one is very glossy and gives a sticky feel, especially if you have sweaty hands and fingers. Also the invisible shield material dissolves in ethanol (hand sanitizer).

4. knotgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

if this is the case, the bodyguardz one isn't for me. If the Moshi palm guard is plush, how does the macbook close? Or, do you remove it when the computer is closed?

I'm looking for a sort of decal that i can put on (one that has a soft/matte feel). Maybe I ought to try the Moshi product.

5. icec0ld macrumors member

the moshi is not plush. its just a texturized thicker sticker.

6. knotgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for clearing that up. i think i'm going to pick one up off of amazon. appreciate all of the help. :)

7. Surely Guest

Surely

I use the Moshi Palmguard on my MBP. It's around 1 mm thick, and does not interfere at all with closing of the screen.

Also, it looks as new as it did when I first bought it in November.

It's a fantastic product, and I highly recommend it.

I bought mine on Amazon, BTW.

8. sml238 macrumors regular

sml238

moshi palm guard is the best one made.

it matches color wise and fits perfectly.

its a rough sticker that gives u more of a cool feel, that doesnt stick to your palms and it doesnt smudge

9. knotgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

just wanted to update and say that i just put on both the moshi palmguard and track pad protector. both feel great, much better than the shiny surface! also, the track pad seems to be just as sensitive despite the covering. i certainly recommend this product, thanks everyone for the help! :)

10. unixfool macrumors 6502a

MacPad

Here's mine. It's basically a removable sticker but covers the top case...it'll keep your oils and dirt off the case itself. It is also removable.

Oh yeah...there's also a clear version.