UniBook -AppleCare Support- What Should I do?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by derryquinn, Dec 22, 2008.

1. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

I Usually Hate these threads, but now that it has happened to me, Maybe I'll look at them in a new light :D

So today I rang AppleCare about my loose battery cover and trackpad that is places un-symmetrically?, as well as some funky key alignments on my Aluminium (Aluminum for you Americans :p) MacBook which I ordered on October 18th.

I spoke with the (what I presume to be, from his voice) Indian man for about 20 minutes, and he was very nice and helpful, and guided me through everything, though my serial number showed up as invalid, he registered my MacBook and everything.

He confirmed that these issues were known issues.

He then proceeded to recommend that I bring my MacBook to an Authorised Reseller (No Apple Stores In Ireland). Authorized resellers are terrible here, some in Dublin sell G4 iMacs, and the new one in my town is a small retail unit with the White MacBook, and what I can image is no area to fix MacBooks. Also the employees are USELESS (Sorry If You're Reading This 3G Store in Tullamore :D) I wouldn't want my precious MacBook touched by those people :p

I told him about my cousin in Boca Raton, who had similar issues with his trackpad, and that he had gotten his replaced, and asked if I could have something similar done, and he told me still to try my nearest Authorised Reseller, so I thanked him and hung up.

I rang the store, and they do sales only. I don't want to go on a 4 hour drive to Dublin (It's not actually 4 hours, but it would take that long with me :D).

Where do I go from here? Should I ring him up and demand a replacement or live with it?

To make matters worse, I have dropped my MacBook about an hour ago (It's fine! *Relief*) and the Ethernet post has become kind of bent (I can post pics if you can't imagine this :) I didn't even notice it till about 20 mins ago). I'm wondering now if they would replace it, though, since they confirmed it was a known, pre-existing condition, shouldn't they? (And I think Irish law, may be on my side).

Please help out and offer your opinions, I'm freaking out here :(

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Show a picture of your un-symmetrical trackpad.

3. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

In an email?

I was speaking on the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion :D

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Pictures of your computers of the trackpad etc..??

5. euanmackie macrumors member

my screen is messed up with little dents in it and finger prints on the inside! but i also had a little acident with mine on the ethernet corner, i almost cried!! im waiting till i visit an apple store with mine to get it replaced.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Try calling again, and if they tell you the same thing, ask for a supervisor and explain your problem... They have to find a way to fix this. They should be able to set you up with a replacement no problem... just try again and don't give up this time until you get what you want.

7. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Ok guys

I'll ring tem today after work

Thanks for the help!

I'll post here with whatever response I get.