Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
My guess it was a long distant photo of a rocket launch, did they have any launches that day? I doubt its a UFO because most good cases indicate a non propellant drive. Iam almost certain its a rocket.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
It's what happens if you put a sandwich on top of a MacBook Pro... WHOOMPH

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Unidentified flying objects don't bother me. Just because I can't identfy it doesn't mean I need to make up stories about what it is. Unless it lands on my roof and alien beings step out, I assume it's a plane or military test, a meteor or other atmospheric phenomenon, or a doctored photo.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Ooh. And one over Peru yesterday.

I was so wrapped up in UFOs (and UFOlogists and Nostradamus) as a kid. I read everything.

Now my sense of wonder is reduced to: Who photoshops this stuff, and why?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I believe some UFO sightings to be accurate. Sometimes, too many people have seen a UFO in the air for it to be just b.s. Sure, it could be a military plane or something, but when thousands of people phone in to report one incident, and 3 people videotape something hovering in the air for like 10 seconds, it's hard for anyone to make up a reason for that.

Oh, and I always wonder why, in this day and age with photography equipment being where it is, why photos of UFOs are always extremely blurry. :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Abstract said:
Oh, and I always wonder why, in this day and age with photography equipment being where it is, why photos of UFOs are always extremely blurry. :p
The photos aren't blurry; they are in fact sharp. But the UFOs themselves have pixelated paint on them, with edges that melt into their surroundings, for protection. ;)

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
That's not a UFO.

That's Marty!!

Attachments

• marty.jpg
    marty.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.