Unidentified USB Cable

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pyrotechnic, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Like many of us, I have 100s of USB Cables, many of which are the same, so I tend to use one particular cable for several devices. However, I always keep the originals just so I have them should I come to sell a device on.

I have come across a cable which is the simple AB USB Cable but cant for the life of me work out which device it belongs to. The plug has a logo on it but I am really struggling.

Can anyone please identify the logo on this cable for me?

USB.thumb.jpg.e88dec0b40df3493e7aadb6c946e50dd.jpg

2. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

I wouldn't worry about the logo.
    If the cable works, it works.

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Maybe a company with first letter H. The logo could be H M, I suppose, if that helps you in any way.
    However, USB markings may not necessarily be identified with the equipment that it shipped with, and may simply be a generic cable, or the cable maker, not the equipment manufacturer.
    You best bet when selling, is to provide a USB cable if it came with one. As they are, by definition "universal", then name on the cable makes no difference whatsoever.

I should also point out that if both ends are the same, then it's not a "simple AB cable", but would be something like an A to A cable. :D

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

5. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic