All iPads Unified "Sent" mailbox in Mail (or any other mail application)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by desertman, Dec 22, 2012.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

I miss having a unified "Sent" mailbox in Mail on my iPad (similarily to the unified "All Inboxes" mailbox). It makes dealing with sent mails from different accounts on the iPad very cumbersome. Mail for OS X does have such a unified "Sent" mailbox.

Can Mail (for iOS) be configured to show a unified sent mailbox?

If Mail cannot do it, is there any other iOS mail client that can?

2. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm kind of wondering whether this really is of no interest to anybody else.

When Mail for OS X has a unified Sent mailbox, why do I have on my iPad to go through all of my email accounts separately in order to find a mail that I have sent? Is this really a missing feature, or do I just not know how to configure this on my iPad?

3. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just did the same with my icloud.com address - and here the sent mails both from my Mac and my iPad show up in the Sent folders on both devices.

This seems to mean that this is more like a Gmail issue. But I have no idea how to fix this (and I really would like to).

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Sorry, I only use my @me account on my iOS device but have my others in Mail on my Mac.

It would be nice to have a unified sent folder though. I can definitely agree with you there.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

nope and I wish it could be. For all mailboxes not just Sent. In fact I've seen that feedback several times.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I just have the option to BCC myself turned on. That way all my sent mail ends up back in my Inbox. Perhaps not a very elegant solution, but it works for me.