Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
i am trying to uninstall chrome.. OSX lion..

i went to the app folder and moved chrome to the trash.

tried to empty trash and says it can't cuz its locked.

i am in admin user right.. i unlock it.. try to empty trash.. says still locked.. over and over..

i tried EVERYTHING in apple's support thing but still no luck.. how ironic that i despise chrome and everything google for this to happen.

AmbiguousNinja

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2011
i am trying to uninstall chrome.. OSX lion..

i went to the app folder and moved chrome to the trash.

tried to empty trash and says it can't cuz its locked.

i am in admin user right.. i unlock it.. try to empty trash.. says still locked.. over and over..

i tried EVERYTHING in apple's support thing but still no luck.. how ironic that i despise chrome and everything google for this to happen.

When it says locked, don't press "stop" press "continue." Also I rarely uninstall apps but when I do I don't drag them into the trash I use AppZapper to eliminate ALL of the files that the app created and it totally removes the app.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
When it says locked, don't press "stop" press "continue." Also I rarely uninstall apps but when I do I don't drag them into the trash I use AppZapper to eliminate ALL of the files that the app created and it totally removes the app.

i have done both cont and stop - same result still there.

and how much is app zapper i wonder

----------

appzapper won't get rid of the file.. keeps saying it'll be moved to trash

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I use AppZapper to eliminate ALL of the files that the app created and it totally removes the app.
never mind.. used a freeware app called trash it
In most cases, app removal software such as AppZapper and TrashIt doesn't do a thorough job of deleting files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.