uninstall CS1 after CS3 install

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by decksnap, Sep 4, 2009.

1. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Silly me, thinking CS3 would overwrite CS1 and not leave two copies of everything on this system. Now I've got both sets of apps installed. I've found the ridiculous instructions for uninstalling all the necessary CS1 files, but those seem to assume you don't have another CS version installed as well. Anybody know a link to instructions for this situation?

2. decksnap thread starter macrumors 68040

decksnap

Strange this topic doesn't come up more. This thread is now the number 2 hit on google for 'uninstall cs1 mac'.

Anyway, any last minute input before I do the same damage to three other systems?

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Are these 'ridiculous instructions' the Adobe CS Clean Script? If not, have you tried that?

I kept ImageReady on my system and just manually trashed the other CS apps when I installed CS3. Not elegant or thorough, but when disk space is at a premium, beggars can't be choosers.

4. decksnap thread starter macrumors 68040

decksnap

These are the 'ridiculous instructions':

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/330/330060.html

My fear is that half of this junk was overwritten already by CS3 and will break it when I go to remove.

What is the Adobe CS Clean script? do tell!!

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

My mistake. Adobe CS3 and CS4 Clean Script were bought in after Adobe moved to product activation, in order to clear out all the junk that comes with having your machine ridden with those installations. It appears there was no CS(1) Clean Script and that the link you've just posted above with the manual removing instructions seems to be the way to go.

Personally, I didn't find that manually dumping things interfered with the running of CS3. CS4 I can't currently speak for.