Uninstall Flying Buttress

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bonedog73, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bonedog73 macrumors newbie

I am trying to uninstall flying buttress, it has blocked everything, iTunes, network. I dont really care to spend hours trying to configure this. I just want it gone.

How do I uninstall it, and how do I turn off the firewall ?

I cant find any uninstall tool, and deleting the app doesnt turn it off.

Anyone know ?

I cant believe Macs dont have some kind of software uninstall tool, or I just havent found one yet I guess.

This is really odd.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

They don't because they don't really need one. But there are plenty of 3rd party apps to fill the niche.. Like AppZapper.

I assume you've been to the website to see if there's uninstall info about it?

http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_hill/brickhouse.html

IIRC, there may be detritus left over in /Library/StartupItems/ and then a restart or Terminal.app &

sudo ipfw -fq flush

Also, you may have to get the app back so you can turn it off and THEN delete the app.

3. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

You could try using a programme like appzapper. You get a few free zaps with it so that would suit your needs. There is another programme which does the same thing but is free. Unfortuantley i can't remember the name of it though.

This would work if it is installed as an application, but if it is installed itself in the 3rd party section of system preferences then it might not work.

EDIT: If it is installed on the sys prefs then you can just press the lightning button on the main app zapper window and select it from there and you can uninstall it

4. angryhive macrumors newbie

Old thread, I know, but there's really no need for all these appzappers and whatnot. You know the original .dmg you used to install flying buttress? Well, mount that and you'll find "uninstall flying buttress". Easy.