Uninstall Installer.app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicolasdec, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Is there a way of Uninstall Installer.app without restoring my iphone? I saw in the Installer.app uninstall section installer if i uninstall that will it get rid of Installer.app?

2. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

You can't uninstall installer from within itself, I used iNdependance to do it - http://code.google.com/p/independence/

3. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

4. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Open it up, go to Customize > Applications > User > Installer.app - click delete. It'll ask for your Phone IP address and root password, so I think you need to make sure your phone is on the same wifi network as your computer, check on the phone what the phones IP address is (Settings > Wi-Fi > Click the blue arrow next to your Network) and the root password is "dottie".

This worked for me, I'm not 100% sure how jailbreaking works so might not work for you!

5. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

&
    Thanks, It worked perfectly.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Glad it worked :D I've been looking for a way to get rid of it for a while without restoring, only found iNdependance this morning!

7. mark151 macrumors member

wow...great, but...do you need to install SSH on your iPhone in order to remone installer.app through independence?