Uninstall iWork '09

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by d21mike, Aug 10, 2010.

1. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I installed the 30 day trial of iWork '09. If I decide to uninstall it do I just "Move to Trash" the folder from the Applications Folder. The folder has 3 Apps inside. I am new to the Mac. On Windows there is an uninstall option for most things. I did read the Guide to uninstall applications and I believe this is the method was not sure.

2. rashhashan macrumors newbie

rashhashan

just drag the entire folder into the trash and empty :D welcome to the simple world of mac my friend! (Also if you want to be thorough you can install a program called AppCleaner which searches for other application files of the app in question and deletes them as well!
    :apple:Happy Mac-ing!:apple:

3. d21mike thread starter macrumors 68040

d21mike

Thanks, I did install AppCleaner for now.

4. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

Just delete to trash So simple! (1)

1. Disclaimer: If you want it fully uninstalled download a separate uninstaller

5. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

appzapper is another good one too...and it had some cool effects when you "zap" your apps :p

6. rashhashan macrumors newbie

rashhashan

np bro, and again welcome to the world of :apple:
    :cool:

hence my reference to AppCleaner above but thnx bro:rolleyes:

true but i think you get a 12 day trial or something then its like 14$ ...why pay when you can get AppCleaner for free?

7. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

If you have Snow Leopard, I find TrashMe to be an even better free alternative.

8. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I use apptrap. There is no need to launch it in order to uninstall apps. Just drag to the trash and you get a dialogue.

[​IMG]

9. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Yes, AppCleaner and TrashMe also do that (albeit you must enable it first), but it will do the same thing.

10. rashhashan macrumors newbie

rashhashan

ooh! good call sir! i like..:) :apple:rashhashan recomended:apple: lol

11. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

For most apps, just dragging to the Trash is sufficient though there are likely preferences/plists left behind. Many of the third-party software-deletion apps will miss something.

iWork '09, especially in Snow Leopard, can be a problem. It used to be that to update the trial to the licensed version with the box, you just inserted the DVD & ran the installer to convert the trial to licensed. This changed with Snow Leopard. You now need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user.

12. eg in DC macrumors newbie

I found by dragging the application to the trash, it deleted some elements of iWork08 that I still need, such as templates. So I can't use it.

Unfortunately, my discs are in storage. What to do? The trial is going to end and I've decided not to I upgrade my software until I get a new computer.

13. awesomenish macrumors newbie

Also, ApZapper doesn't uninstall everything. I discovered this after using the app for almost a year