Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Uninstall iWork '09

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I installed the 30 day trial of iWork '09. If I decide to uninstall it do I just "Move to Trash" the folder from the Applications Folder. The folder has 3 Apps inside. I am new to the Mac. On Windows there is an uninstall option for most things. I did read the Guide to uninstall applications and I believe this is the method was not sure.

rashhashan

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia
just drag the entire folder into the trash and empty :D welcome to the simple world of mac my friend! (Also if you want to be thorough you can install a program called AppCleaner which searches for other application files of the app in question and deletes them as well!
:apple:Happy Mac-ing!:apple:

Comment

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
just drag the entire folder into the trash and empty :D welcome to the simple world of mac my friend! (Also if you want to be thorough you can install a program called AppCleaner which searches for other application files of the app in question and deletes them as well!
Thanks, I did install AppCleaner for now.

Comment

Mike225

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
SF BAY

Just delete to trash So simple! (1)

1. Disclaimer: If you want it fully uninstalled download a separate uninstaller

Comment

rashhashan

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia
np bro, and again welcome to the world of :apple:
:cool:

Just delete to trash So simple! (1)

1. Disclaimer: If you want it fully uninstalled download a separate uninstaller
hence my reference to AppCleaner above but thnx bro:rolleyes:

appzapper is another good one too...and it had some cool effects when you "zap" your apps :p

true but i think you get a 12 day trial or something then its like 14$ ...why pay when you can get AppCleaner for free?

Comment

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I use apptrap. There is no need to launch it in order to uninstall apps. Just drag to the trash and you get a dialogue.

Comment

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
I use apptrap. There is no need to launch it in order to uninstall apps. Just drag to the trash and you get a dialogue.

Yes, AppCleaner and TrashMe also do that (albeit you must enable it first), but it will do the same thing.

Comment

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
For most apps, just dragging to the Trash is sufficient though there are likely preferences/plists left behind. Many of the third-party software-deletion apps will miss something.

iWork '09, especially in Snow Leopard, can be a problem. It used to be that to update the trial to the licensed version with the box, you just inserted the DVD & ran the installer to convert the trial to licensed. This changed with Snow Leopard. You now need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user.

Comment

eg in DC

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
Washington DC
I found by dragging the application to the trash, it deleted some elements of iWork08 that I still need, such as templates. So I can't use it.

Unfortunately, my discs are in storage. What to do? The trial is going to end and I've decided not to I upgrade my software until I get a new computer.

Comment

awesomenish

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
np bro, and again welcome to the world of :apple:
:cool:

hence my reference to AppCleaner above but thnx bro:rolleyes:

true but i think you get a 12 day trial or something then its like 14$ ...why pay when you can get AppCleaner for free?

Also, ApZapper doesn't uninstall everything. I discovered this after using the app for almost a year

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.