Uninstall Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by silvrwoman, Jul 22, 2010.

1. silvrwoman macrumors newbie

Previously, I JB my iPhone 3GS using Spirit. I updated to software 4.0, restored my phone, and have not re-jailbroken my iphone (I don't think it's possible anyway).

I want to update to 4.1, but it won't let me transfer my purchases (iPhone syncs and iTunes starts the process for a second then stops and my purchases aren't transfered.

I was advised that this might be because of a patch that allows hacked/cracked apps to install. Thus, I need to uninstall the package.

Does this mean that restoring it not delete all the hacked/cracked apps? If not, how do I uninstall the package?

Thanks!

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Steve won't let you transfer un-purchased apps ?
    I wonder why ! :rolleyes:

3. silvrwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

These are not unpurchased apps that I am trying to transfer. I do not have any un-purchased apps on my phone anymore.
    :sticks out tongue/winks/smiles/throws up a bit in mouth:

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, AppSync can stop the transfer of some App Store apps onto your phone if the author wrote the app to include the block.

Hint: Get rid of AppSync and buy ALL your apps.

5. silvrwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

What's AppSync and how do I get rid of it?
    P.s. All my apps are purchased. I no longer have any cracked apps on my phone (or at least not any I can see).

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Go into Cydia/manage/packages

If you see AppSync, remove it, then reboot the phone and try to Sync again.

You may have to also delete the apps that won't sync out of iTunes and re-download them if they still won't sync after the reboot.

7. Kayan macrumors 6502

How do you have a patch without having a Jbroken iPhone?

Appsync can only be installed on Jbroken phones, yet he said his phone was restored and not Jbroken. So either Appsync is not the issue, or his phone is JB right?
    I also had Transferring problems with iTunes once but the problem ended up being just an iTunes account authorization problem

8. silvrwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I access Cydia if my iPhone is no longer jailbroken? I have no Cydia app anymore. I updated to 4.0, restored, and did not re-jailbreak.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Then you don't have AppSync.

10. Kayan macrumors 6502

I think you're missing that his phone is NOT JB. Also, he is trying to get purchases from phone to computer, not visa-versa.

Are there any messages or warnings that pop up when the transferring stops after it looks like it has started? There were messages when I had the problem.

11. silvrwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

No, there are no messages or warnings when it stops.

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is not a jailbreak-related issue. Maybe you should try the Apple forums or contact customer support?

13. pooryou macrumors 65816