Uninstall MacGPG ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tex-Twil, May 1, 2009.

1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    how can I remove MacGPG ? It made the startup of OSX much slower and I want to remove it. I tried the OSX Package Manager but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
    Tex

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Did it come with an installer? It should be in one of the UNIX folders at the root of your hard disk, if you're desperate, you could hunt around in there for the correct folders. A spotlight spearch which is set to search for invisible AND visible files AND system files with "MacGPG" in the name should find a lot of the files.

3. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

You sure about that? Last I checked it didn't install any LaunchDaemons/LaunchAgents, and didn't run anything on boot...

4. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Yes. When OSX starts, when the desktop shows, there is written "start-gpg-agent" in the menu bar and it last for like 15 seconds.

There is no uninstaller with it. It is just a .pkg

5. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I've just found out that I could just disable the loading of the gpg agent using Lingon and disable the com.sourceforge.macgpg2.gpg-agent entry.

T

6. raffo77 macrumors newbie

same problem... i installed lingon and found it... but, apart from disabling it, is possible to delete it?

i have another problem with com.jungledisk.service, which i have unistalled time ago, but i cant find how to stop this process and where it is...