uninstall spirit jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lewys, Jun 27, 2010.

1. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

ok so i have spirit jailbreak on 3.1.3 and it keeps crashing/freezing and i cant download some apps (it says something about error with the snes iphone app, even though i am not downloading that and it happens with everything i download)

i would like to uninstall it and re install it if that is possible.
    if it is how do i do it. i saved my 3.1.3 firmare before i jailbroke and i probably need to use that but i dont know how

2. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

what phone do you have?

3. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

sorry forgot to say

iphone 16gb 3gs

4. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

everytime i go to download any app off of cydia it starts off by saying running snesiphone for like a second then it comes up with an error. why does that always come up at the start with whatever i am downloading?

5. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

If you have your SHSH for 3.1.2 on Cydia, you can download the 3.1.2 custom ISPW and install through iTunes (9.2). iClarify should have the detailed instructions. I've also posted some in a previous post (as have others). If you don't have your SHSH saved and you're at 3.1.3, you should be able to use TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH to Cydia. Then download a 3.1.3 custom ISPW and install it through a Restore in iTunes.

6. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Not sure what you problem is with Cydia but since you have SHSH saved for 3.1.3 you can restore to 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak with Spirit. Since apple is no longer signing 3.1.3 you have to do it through Saurik. You need to change the host file on your desktop to point to Saurik. Again not sure if you using MAC or Windows but you can go to Iclarified and look at the instructions to change your hostfile. How to restore and also how to use Spirit.