UNINSTALL THE iOS4 - 4.2.1 UPDATE ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HOLOGRAFX, Feb 27, 2011.

1. HOLOGRAFX macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple Store last Sept to see if the new iPhone4 with its 960x640 Retina display would display my website correctly. Yes, my website displayed beautifully on the Safari Browser, so I bought the iPhone4. Only the Rollovers would not show until touched (as would be expected).

My website - DigitalHolografx.com - is composed entirely of GIF & Animated GIF Graphics with fully linked navigation.

In December, I updated the iOS4 software to the 4.2.1 Version after reading Apple’s descriptions which included the Safari’s update : ‘Find text on web*pages - In Safari, you can do a quick text search to find and highlight specific words and phrases on even the longest web pages.’ This should have had NO impact on the way my website displays.

After installing the 4.2.1 update, almost all of my graphics now have a Line Box around their perimeter and a blue box with a ? - right in the very center of the GIF images.

This is Extremely Distracting, so I emailed Apple’s Rep and after 3 days of emails & phone conversations, I asked if he had even compared the 4.1 Version to the 4.2.1 Version and I was told that he had not !!! After about 10 days, all correspondence stopped. No help at all.

I have checked with people who have just purchased a new iPhone4 (2-20-2011) and my website displays correctly. So what has Apple done with this 4.2.1 update ??? They certainly have not installed it on the most current iPhone4’s. And they have not released a fix to this 4.2.1 Safari bug.

As my iPhone4 does no longer display my website correctly with the 4.2.1 Version, it is useless as a portable display device for my Digital Holografx company. Resetting the iPhone4 will not return the iOS4 to the 4.1 Version.

Does anyone know of a way to UnInstall this 4.2.1 Version from the iPhone4 ???

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you can wait a few days, 4.3 will be released, and that might just fix it.

3. eastercat, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't downgrade your iOS without the SHSH blob. You can only get the blob at the time Apple has that iOS released. Right now, you can only get the 4.2.1 and the 4.3b blob.
    If you want to start getting the blobs for future downgrades, d/l tiny umbrella.

4. HOLOGRAFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Role Reversal

With the iPhone4 Browser's downgrade to where it doesn't display numerous images correctly anymore, I am now anticipating a new commercial with the chubby PC Guy listening to the thin Mac Guy saying: "We'll address that issue in the next Upgrade..."

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm sure Apple is working very hard to make the iPhone compatible with your site :rolleyes:

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no offense but that site looks horrible on my desktop PC coulnt imagine how it would look on a 3.5" iphone screen

7. HOLOGRAFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple's Work.....

The problem is that Apple has worked to optimize site images which were previously displayed correctly. Many images are no longer compatible with their new & exclusive browser. As for how my site displays - No, it's not a plug-n-play site for people without any time to actually design a website & Yes, you do need eye control ability and Left/Right Brain control. If you can list ANY other site which displays the graphic images to duplex into a Holographic 3-D on the web, please list it. The original images are for the IMAX Format. At about 16", the 960x640 screen is adequate, the iPhone4 is portable, but reducing this browser's optimization parameters to compete in the Online Game Boy Market is a huge step backward for such a capable electronic computing machine.