Uninstalled App, but App Store Update Pane Shows Update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sethyC123, Jul 21, 2011.

1. sethyC123 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I had previously installed Angry Birds on my mac in Snow Leopard.

Now that I've migrated to Lion, I chose to uninstall it (yes, I'm tired of Angry Birds believe it or not).

My problem is that I uninstalled it through Launchpad, but the Mac Appstore is giving me issues. Its showing in the "Update" pane that there's an Angry Birds update, and giving me a red badge indicator that i have an update. However, I do not want this constant notification, nor do I want to reinstall Angry birds?

Any ideas to fix this please?

2. cclboss macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and I didn't even buy Angry Birds. I searched for it and cannot find the app anywhere on my Mac. I want to get rid of the annoying red circle with 1 update on my App Store, any ideas? Thanks.

3. jzb macrumors newbie

same here. never installed angry birds and then it started popping up for update after upgrading to lion.

i took the risk and clicked on the update in the app store and got the following:

"you have updates available for other accounts. Sign in to asdfff2011@mail.ru to update applications for that account."

take a look at that email address, which of course is not mine or one i have ever seen before. it looks like it was dropped in there by some third party.

is this a security problem apple needs to deal with?

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

I think you should submit a report to Apple.

5. jzb macrumors newbie

Spoke to Apple. This is a "glitch" with Lion. They are aware of it and are working on it apparently. I got the same answer from two different departments. It looks lie there are a lot off issues that are being reported with Lion.

Anyhow though, I just find that email address that shows up in the error message (see above) to be "odd" and would hope Apple's superiority with security issues is not being challenged too much.

6. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

I have the exact same problem. But i can't even download it if i type in my right mail and password

7. Tim3308 macrumors member

Yep, ditto here, same russian e-mail ,etc. Weird. Course, gets me edgy because our credit card number was stolen we believe through an iTunes hack somehow, and then, they only bought iTunes stuff w/ it. Just recently got apple I.D. reactivated.

8. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Are y'all running any cracked apps? Specifically, this email address seems to have links to a cracked version of FC Pro X

9. austrianton macrumors newbie

Solution

The problem, really is connected to a cracked version of FCP. :rolleyes:
    All you have to do to solve it is the following:
    1.) Right-klick on FCPX and klick "Show Package Contents"
    2.) Navigate to Contents/_MASReceipt/
    3.) open the file "receipt" in text edit
    4.) Search (cmd+f) for angry
    5.) Delete the whole paragraph, containing angry birds
    6.) Save
    7.) Done... :cool:

10. vcantrell macrumors member

vcantrell

I like how nobody wants to comment on that because nobody wants to admit that they actually cracked FCP :p - Everyone's just sitting there reading that going "ohhhhhh" lol

Good catch man. Thanks.

11. albertoxx macrumors newbie

12. atomic518, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

atomic518 macrumors newbie

13. jeburneo macrumors newbie

Thanks

I can't beleive I even downloaded angry birds trying to resolve this, thanks man