Uninstalled Corona - broke my jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iCheddar, Mar 22, 2012.

1. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I'm running a Verizon 4S with 5.0.1 on it, originally jailbroken using Absinthe.

A few days ago I installed a package and I noticed that it would delete Corona during its install process. I thought nothing of it since I used Absinthe to jailbreak so I figured I didn't need Corona anymore.

In any case, rebooted my iPhone today and discovered that my jailbreak is broken. I can't open Cydia, can't open any jailbroken apps, no Mobile Safari, nothing.

Kay...I'll try a tethered boot through Redsn0w...apparently redsn0w doesn't support iPhone 4S running build 9A406.

Kaaaay, I'll just go through and manually put the .deb file into Cydia's autoinstall folder...that doesn't seem to work.

Kaaaaaaay, I'll try to do a restore to 5.0.1 using iTunes...nope, they're not signing it anymore.

Doublekay...I'll use TinyUmbrella to do a restore that way...kicks out an error about being unable to start the TSS server, and whenever I try to pull the SHSH blobs it kicks out a bunch of conflicting stuff in the log saying it has saved my blobs locally, and that I'm cool, but that it can't save them to Cydia because I'm beyond the window I need to be in.

In any case, I am at an absolute loss on what I can do. Obviously I could upgrade to 5.1 and sit here and twiddle my thumbs until a jailbreak becomes available for it, but until then, I'd like to be jailbroken.

The only other route I can think of is manually putting the .deb file for Corona in wherever it goes on iPhone, but I can't seem to find anyone who has run into the same problems as I.

Well hivemind, any ideas?

2. LoloBond macrumors 6502

First,,, which pkg deleted corona? Second why you didn't run Absinthe again?

3. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Unfortunately, since the 4S does not have the limera1n vulnerability in the bootrom, redsn0w cannot help you. And TinyUmbrella cannot fool an iDevice into restoring an iOS 5.X version, Apple closed that hole too, so only redsn0w and iFaith can do that, and only on old devices subject to the limera1n exploit. It unfortunately looks like your only chance is to re-run Absinthe and hope for the best. It may or may not work.

4. jwhelan macrumors newbie

+1

5. iCheddar thread starter macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I believe it was an iBooks fix that removed it. I now see it can uninstall Corona.

When running Absinthe, it gives me an error that it my iPhone is already jail broken and that it detected a stash.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

SSH into your phone and use the following command to install corona:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install com.chronic-dev.greenpois0n.corona
    You will be asked for your password.