Uninstalled My3G, Rock, now have no bars!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ventro, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ventro macrumors 6502a

I uninstalled My3g through Rock, and decided to uninstall Rock through itself. Rock threw out an error. Anyway, after rebooting my phone, I have no bars! What's up with this? I can't restore without losing my JB (I hadn't got around to saving my SHSH hashes either), so i'd rather not do that.

The phone is constantly searching, acquires a few bars, and loses them after a few minutes. It can't make any calls the whole time. Any ideas?

2. ventro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also, 3G and GPS work just fine, just no bars. How weird is that? I can turn wifi and use the web/maps just fine, but I can't make a call.

Edit: Thanks for the tip, Bandolier.

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Did you delete Rock extensions?
    Have you tried a reboot?
    have you tried resetting Network settings?

5. ventro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, I did all three. I rebooted, reinstalled Rock and uninstalled it again, reinstalled/uninstalled MobileSubstrate, and reset my network settings.

A few minutes later I have a few bars back and am able to make/receive calls again. Either something worked, or all my fiddling coincided perfectly with some network downtime in my area :O Thanks everyone

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Rock is different than the rock extensions it comes with you know that right?

7. threezero macrumors 6502

do yourself a favor next time when you update restore your phone as new and wipe any trace of rock off your phone. you will thanks you self later down the road

8. bripab007 macrumors 6502

And yet people ask: "What's the problem with Rock?"