Uninstalling Adobe Bridge & Device Central from Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swwack91, Nov 17, 2007.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

First off, will Photoshop run completely fine after uninstalling both Adobe Bridge & Adobe Device Central?

Secondly, what's the best way to uninstall both of these? They both have folders in the Applications folder so I was thinking just trashing them may not working completely.

I noticed that the only Adobe Uninstaller on my system is one for Photoshop. Will that uninstaller have an option to uninstall the 2 undesired programs?

Thanks.

And Adobe Stock Photos... forgot to mention that one...

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'd leave Bridge in there. It's the default app when you select 'Browse' in Photoshop under the File menu... and it's very handy too.

Device Central I'm not too sure about whether it's best to delete it, but it's used for working with files for different devices. Stock Photos you can trash, no probs.

Any CS3-related app that doesn't appear in the Uninstaller can probably be safely trashed, but you've got to be careful with removing CS3 as has been well noted. ;)

3. yohanand macrumors newbie

Test Run

I also was not pleased with the 500mb adobe's extra accesories used. i backed up both bridge and central on an external disk and deleted them. Photoshop still works without problems, you cant browse for files as blue velvet said but you can use open to search and open files. I dont really remember anymore what browse was for . however i give no assurance as it never hurts to always back up just in case. or burn bridge and central onto a cd in case you ever encounter a problem in the future.