uninstalling dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smileforjessie, Sep 20, 2007.

1. smileforjessie macrumors newbie

Ok..so my adobe creative suite 3 design premium arrived today...

:cool:
    ohh the joys~~
    and last night i wanted to try out dreamweaver so yeah, i downloaded the trial version....didnt have enough time to check it out fully so just waited till the next and day and my adobe package came...i was thinking it would come on the 27th but no, it came today.....soo i was pretty happy about that, tried to install the whole creative suite but as you know i had the trial version in my comp so i tried to throw every file related to Dreamweaver in the trash and delete it all...but there was these 2 files that just wouldnt budge..=_= one is a folder and one is a XML file..i was wondering if anyone knew how to just trash them forever? because i keep deleting them but they would just come back..and i cant install dreamweaver from the adobe cd because it keeps saying 'ALREADY INSTALLED' so it wouldnt let me install onto my comp....

any ideas?
    thanks.

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

You can't uninstall Dreamweaver that way. There's an uninstaller on your Mac somewhere. Sorry I don't remember where.

Google uninstall Dreamweaver mac and you'll find it.

Cheers.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

[faq]

5. smileforjessie thread starter macrumors newbie

^^ ive tried that.

><
    but it doesnt appear to have a dreameaver file in that folder...

AdobeDreamweaver9en_US
    AdobeDreamweaver9en_US.proxy.xml

these are the only two files in my computer that are related to dreamweaver..which is like the films that wont go away permantly =[

any more ideas? thanksss.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

^^ Where did you find those files?

Is there an "Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium" file or anything else there...? (And what is the contents of /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Installers/?)

Also, if you've deleted all Dreamweaver files you could find, did that include anything in /Library/Receipts/? (I cannot find anything CS3 related in there, but the DW trial installer might have left something behind, or...?)

7. smileforjessie thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah there is a "Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium" file in the adobe install thingy folder...but thats all ><

mmmm...well those 2 files i keep trying to delete isnt in the /library/receipts.