Uninstalling Freehand MX

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Amy2005, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Amy2005 macrumors regular

Hi

I installed Freehand MX yesterday on my iMac but I then realized that I had installed the older version (11.0) rather than (11.0.2) so I moved the older one to the trash, and then installed the new one. But I'm not sure if the older version has moved totally removed. Does anyone know the best way for me to find out if they have all gone?

I just thought the trash emptied a bit quick to say there was a full program in there :)

Thanks
    Amy :)

2. iGav macrumors G3

I seem to recall (it's been awhile since I personally installed anything by Macromedia so I'm a little foggy on this) that if you trash the Freehand folder, then it pretty much removes/uninstalls Freehand entirely, not 100% certain but I seem to remember that it didn't install anywhere near as invasively as some software and pretty much kept itself-to-itself (e.g. everything installed in its own folder) so as long as you trashed that, you should be okay.

To confirm your current installed version, just open Freehand, and go to Freehand>About Freehand and that should tell you the current installed version if you're concerned that perhaps everything of the previous install wasn't removed.