Uninstalling Office 2004 For Mac Test Drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jnyepu, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jnyepu macrumors member

I'm trying to free up HDD space and want to uninstall the Test Drive application. However, after I got my MBP, I installed Office 2004 (forgot about the Test Drive). Now, when I run the Remove Office application in the Test Drive folder, I get two choices for removal:

Microsoft Office X (including Test Drive)
    Microsoft Office 2004 (including Test Drive)

Which is which? How can I just selectively get rid of the Test Drive and not touch the "real" version?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Just do the uninstall. If you have to, then reinstall Office 2004.

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

If I were you, I would delete everything. Spotlight for all the files related to office and clean the system completely and then do a fresh start.

4. connorlovsapple macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and this is what worked for me...

Got to your applications fodder. There should be one folder for microsoft office, and one for the test drive. Open up the test drive folder, and there should be something that says "uninstall office test dive" well do that. Afterwards, take the whole office test drive folder (in the applications folder" and put it in the tras. Then empty your trash and you should be good

Good luck!!!
    Connor
    mac user for 2+ years

:apple:Ibook G4:apple:
    :apple:Powerbook G4:apple:
    :apple:Macbook pro:apple:
    :apple:Ipod mini:apple:
    :apple:Ipod touch:apple:

5. jnyepu thread starter macrumors member

So the problem is, when I open the Test Drive folder, and run the uninstall app, it gives me the uninstall Office X and uninstall Office 2004 options (see OP) -- which one did you uninstall?

6. connorlovsapple macrumors newbie

At this point i would not even bother with the installation...Just move the entire office test drive folder to the trasj, empy the trasj, and use spotlight to try and find associated files, it should be that hard. juts make shure you dont delete anything for the real office...i honostly cant remember which one i picker.... sorry

Connor

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have been told. It is up to you to do it.