Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
Hi Guys

Sorry i'm asking a lot of questions lately..

I uninstalled logmein off my MBP but the icon still appears in my menu bar at the top and no matter what I try to do I can't get rid, it won't allow me to run Logmein (As I have removed it) but I can't get rid of the icon either.

See screenshot

5qp0k.jpg

If I click on it I get this:

axo592.jpg

And finally if I click open I get this

333xxkj.jpg

I've tried ending the process in Activity Monitor but it wont go..

Has anyone any ideas as its very annoying

Thanks

Hay x

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Check the following locations for apps that automatically launch on startup and delete any you don't need/want:
  • System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items (Lion and ML users: System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items)
  • /Library/LaunchAgents/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)
  • /Library/StartupItems/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)

Then restart your Mac and do this:

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
Check the following locations for apps that automatically launch on startup and delete any you don't need/want:
  • System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items (Lion and ML users: System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items)
  • /Library/LaunchAgents/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)
  • /Library/StartupItems/ (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)

Then restart your Mac and do this:

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

Thank you that all worked a treat :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.