uninstalling query....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bob2131, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

hi

i have installed some applications, music software vsts....but i dont know how to uninstall them.

ususally i use appzapper, but the above apps are not in the list in appzapper.

and i also noticed that one or two apps were not even in the applications list in my mac.

should i jsut use spotlight to search for the files and jsut trash them?

thanks.

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I prefer using Appcleaner, just drag the app into the trash and all associated files are deleted too, there are a few apps like CS3 where you have to use the uninstaller, but i find appcleaner better than appzapper and apptrap, but make sure the stuff you delete hasn't got it's own uninstaller :)

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I (foolishly) thought that as AppCleaner was free and AppZapper was the one I always saw recommened that AppCleaner somehow wasn't as good, but reading this it seems that AppCleaner is more thorough? Like Mr.Noisy AppCleaner has always found things that weren't necessarily applications but were what I wanted removing.

4. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appcleaner, tried it today....theres still some stuff that is not listed in it, that i want to uninstall.

(logic forum person told me to manually search for files etc, and delete them.
    which is kinda long winded and well, not the best thing for a newcomer to mac. so im gonna check specific folders and also do a spotlight search)

thanks. i think ill use appcleaner and appzapper, see which one finds more files when i get round to uninstalling something.

thanks.