Uninstalling themes/mods on Mac.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ADASAC, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ADASAC macrumors newbie

I wanted to customize my MacBook (Black, 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD, and OS 10.6.8) a bit and was able to switch around the looks of my icons no problem. I then found a theme or skin online and tried to apply it, but when I did, it looked horrible and nothing like it was supposed to.

I got the skin from here: http://www.robertourso.com/goodies/goodies.html

The one that I am having trouble with is the Caesar Release skin (the second one down). If anyone has any help in this area, I would appreciate it. The instructions that came with it told me to uninstall it with the uninstaller on my machine, but I don't know what that is talking about. I've searched for a general or universal uninstaller, but I don't seem to have one, nor do I have an uninstaller specific to the skin. The download did come with a program called Theminator, which, when opened, simply asks if I want to "enable" or "disable" theme-ing. Clicking disable and logging out and back in took away some of the skin's properties but I am still left with a lot of the mess (i.e. when using the column/list function in Finder I am left with the icons only and the text of the files invisible or white, and the navigation buttons in the Finder window are blank). See below.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

This is why doing this kind of stuff is a bad idea. Reinstall the OS.