Uninstalling USB 3G modem software?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jent, Nov 29, 2011.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I needed to borrow a friend's USB wireless 3G internet modem once and thus had to install some really crappy software. The interface is that of Windows XP and it's generally very clunky.

That being said, I don't need it anymore, but there's no uninstaller. I am assuming it installed a bunch of support files and I'd really like to uninstall it properly since I wouldn't be surprised if it installed a background process too. Any thoughts on how I can do this? It's from Claro in Peru. Thanks!

2. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

Great link! I found files hiding in a folder in the invisible /user/local/ directory. I also found two background processes that always run (HWNetCfg and HWPortCfg)—how can I nuke them permanently?

I should add it's a Huawei brand modem, and I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers repackage the same software with their logos since the hardware is the same in most/all markets.

Does anyone know how to delete background processes? And does anyone have specific experience with removing Huawei software?