Uninstalling Wifi Sync

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stapleboy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. stapleboy macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I jailbroke my phone about a week ago and I'm having troubles uninstalling wifi sync. I know it's supposed to open in terminal and that it should ask me to enter my password. What has been happening, however, is that every time I open the uninstall file, it opens iTerm and then iTerm just closes without doing anything. I turned off my computer just to see if it worked- no luck. Is there anything I can do to get this awful thing off my computer?

I'm running a macbook on snow leopard.

2. is300guy macrumors regular

Delete the file from your hard drive? That is what I did cause WiFi Sync was giving me irritable trouble so I got rid of it. Just make sure that once you delete it from your HD, delete it from your trash bin as well.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

One of the worst developers of all time. Not sure if he'll ever get a true working release of this product that most people can use successfully. I uninstalled after 3 days myself.

4. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

He might be a worst dev for whatever reason but I never really had any issues with Wifi sync.

5. stapleboy, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

stapleboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, but how exactly do I delete it off of my macbook's hard drive? Thanks in advance :)

edit: Now my itunes isn't recognizing my iphone. It's not showing up at all. I know it's probably wifi sync, I just need help deleting it!

6. B.Ellis macrumors member

7. is300guy macrumors regular

My mistake, you need to download the "Uninstall file for MAC OS X" from the WiFi Sync Website if you haven't done so.
    It's still iTerminal BUT, what you need to do when the app opens is to just type in your PASSWORD, which you use to unlock your MacBook with. Just type your password in when iTerminal is open and once password is typed in, press Enter. Once done with that, then you need to restart your MacBook. Once restarted, open iTunes back up, it should be deleted from your MacBook.
    Hope this works and if so keep it around for future use as I have done the same. The frustrations, I know and understand:D It is not a poor design, cause the developer even states that upon restoring or updating, you need to "unistall" WiFi Sync, it says it in the website: http://www.getwifisync.com/