uninstalling Windows partition problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Silva, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Silva macrumors newbie

A while ago i tried to install a windows partition using bootcamp. I only wanted to use it to play PC games but I later found out my Windows disc was too old (before SP1) so i used bootcamp to uninstall it.

However, everytime i start up my macbook pro I HAVE to hold down the function key to get up the option to boot my mac.... even though the windows partition doesnt show up anymore. If I dont hold down the function key then my mac wont start up and i have to turn it off.

I tried deleting some files that i downloaded to try to update my windows disc (service packs) but I cant seem to empty them from the trash as it says they are in use???

I dont know how to access them to stop them from running... and my bootcamp assistant only gives me the option to install a windows partition.... really at a loss here!!

Thanks for any help!

- Silva

EDIT: I MEAN THE OPTION KEY NOT FUNCTION KEY SORRY

2. timestoby macrumors 6502

i just installed xp on the partition abit ago and found that when you go into systme pref in osx then to startup disc there is an option to start up ur mac,try clicking on the mac hdd and it should restart into osx all the time?