unintended taps whilst exercising

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Grasbak, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

I have had my Apple Watch for around 18months, done quite a bit of running and cycling during that time. Suddenly 2 days ago I arrived at work and the workout had turned out the activity had paused half way through the journey. The next morning it paused again and was also in "water mode" so I assume that somehow the screen has swiped over and tapped pause then the droplet. I then noticed on the return home journey that I had created around 5 segments (which requires a double tap I believe). It was raining for that last journey but otherwise dry. Been wearing the same gear, can't think what has changed....

Never had this before - any ideas!?

2. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

Not sure why all of a sudden it would be more sensitive, but you do have the option of locking the watching once you start a workout (swipe to the right, I believe, and press lock)

3. Grasbak, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, it’s just so weird. My sleeve covers the screen, it must be tapping when it makes contact. Like I said, I have worn the same top many times without issue before.

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I have had this problem too when I wear long sleeves. More specifically, when my sleeves are sweaty. There's something about the salty sweat that seems to fool the screen into thinking it was touched. If my sleeves are dry it doesn't happen.