Unique att iphone4 upgrade question's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilchub101, Jun 11, 2010.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

Hey all I am part of a 5 person family plan we have 2 iphone 3gS's that are not due for an upgrade until next year. The other 3 phones on the contract are on a "month to month" plan meaning their 2 year contracts are up and just pay each month. The 3 phones can upgrade to any phone they like if they sign a new contract. The end game here is to upgrade the two iphones to iphone 4's for $199 I'm aware that att has a policy that will let one line on a family plan sign a 2 year agreement and "transfer" the upgrade to a different line. I would like to reserve 2 iphones on the 15th to pick up at an apple store but I have no idea how the apple pre-order works how would myself and brother reserv an iphone 4 for each of us? what info will they need I'm assuming different credit cards but what else? My other question is it possible to sign two of the lines up for 2 year contracts prier to the 24th and have them transfer the upgrades to the two existing iphone lines so they will be all ready to upgrade on the 24th? I've spent 5hrs on the phone with att and they are as helpful as a 3 year old. hope yall can help thanks a bunch.

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

No, you can't sign up tomorrow and apply the upgrade to another line for a pre-order on June 15.

You will have to pre-order against two of your available 3 Upgrade Eligible lines using the standard Apple data request.

I’m already an AT&T customer. What information do I need to provide to buy an iPhone online?

AT&T requests the following information to determine eligibility for new iPhone service. This type of check will be performed wherever you buy your iPhone — whether it’s from the Apple Online Store, an Apple Retail Store, AT&T, or other retailer.

Phone number (current)
    Billing zip code
    Last four digits of Social Security number ​

Also the primary account holder will have to be present at the Apple store for all the action.

Dave

3. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Preorder through at&t using the lines that are eligible for an upgrade and do an in store pick up so you can have the sales rep take care of transferring the new iphones to your number.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The Thread Starter is looking for a June 24 pickup at the Apple store so that's not a good option since AT&T pre-orders will not be ready until June 25 or later for in-store pickup. ( not my idea )

Something about all those boxes with customer names getting in the way of the U-verse customer mining operation on June 24.... sorry I had to go there it is late / early. :eek:

Dave