Unique Problem for this Friday. Help Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Ok, so i was all psyched about friday because me and my sister were going to upgrade our iphones for the family plan and just add my mom and dad for 9.99 each bringing our total plan cost per month to the same as it is now. Except, Sunday my sister left for some kind of medical convention at UCLA and will be there until next Tuesday so she cant upgrade her phone on friday. I was thinking that I upgrade my iphone to the 3G, my mom upgrades her phone (she has a motorola slvr and is not under a contract) to the 3G and when my sister gets back she just takes my moms new 3G and my mom uses her 1st gen iPhone. I have to questions about it tho:
    1) I heard recently something about if you do not have an iPhone you cant get the subsidized price, so does that mean my mom cant upgrade her slvr for the $199?
    2) Can you have 2 3G iPhones on a family plan and just add 2 lines for 9.99, one being my dad's old sony ericsson and the other a 1st gen iPhone or is the old iPhone excluded because it still would have a year left on its contract?

I really have no idea what to do anymore, does anyone have any suggestions?

2. theotherrogue macrumors regular

1) Not true at all. You will get subsidized.

2) Should be fine.

3. theotherrogue macrumors regular

Just be sure to not explain all of that to the salespeople when you buy the phone. They'll probably get confused and tell you to wait until Tuesday.

You'll have to call AT&T on Tuesday though to make the phone switch.

4. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

haha yeah. don't have too much faith in the salespeople