Unique screen problem please help

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AndrewRM, Apr 27, 2013.

1. AndrewRM macrumors newbie

I am hoping someone can help me here - I cannot seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

I have an Ipad2

When I press the button to turn it on, the back light turns on, but the screen stays black.

When I take a screen capture (by pressing both buttons together), the screen temporarily lights up and displays as normal, for about a half second, then fades to black again.

Using this screen capture trick, I am able to tell that the touch screen still works, and the programs are responding to my touch, even though the screen stays illuminated black.

I have tried a hard restart, and I have tried restoring factory settings.

Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem.

I can be reached by email at Andrewrm2002@hotmail.com

Thanks so much

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

But have you tried a software restore, not just a reset to factory settings. Try a DFU restore.

3. AndrewRM thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck with the dfu restore.

It seems like such an odd problem since I can force the screen to display by taking a screenshot, everything including touch responds, it just won't stay on?

----------

Well, I read a ton of posts trying to find someone with a similar problem.

I finally found a thread with someone with the same problem who was unable to fix for several months.

He said that he got fed up and hit his ipad really hard and the screen snapped back on.

I dropped my ipad on the floor to try his method and it worked.

Dropping the Ipad to fix it: 2 , tech support : 0

Next I am going to try to throw it against a wall and see if that upgrades it!