Unison Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OneHump, Nov 15, 2008.

1. OneHump macrumors member

I installed Unison today and really like the interface. Out of tens of thousands of groups, I'm only showing maybe 7 days worth at most. I get "11 threads out of 246,000 posts". I'm set to DL 25,000 posts and have unhidden everything and have triggered "Get all posts". No luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. johto macrumors 6502

johto

The retention and post covarage depends how good usenet service you are using. :)

3. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

I'm using EasyNews, which is about as good as it gets. I'm staring at 20,000+ posts on NewsBin Pro on my PC, but Unison is showing a whole 11 threads. :)

4. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

5. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

I clicked on "Get more posts" and "Get all posts" without luck. :)

I'm really baffled here. I've looked at every option at least 15 times and I see nothing that would be filtering these groups. It's like it's limiting me to 14 days or so.

6. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Check the config of Unison to make sure it is using EasyNews and didn't pick your ISP's default news server? [It might take a while to get all the articles, so you might want to wait a few minutes.]

7. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

It's definitely using EasyNews. I fired up a GigaNews account as well and downloaded 2.9 million headers and end up with 53,000 files and 373 message threads. It goes back to the 252 day retention period, but something just isnt right here.

Thanks for all the input. It's very much appreciated.