Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul.Butt

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Barry, South Wales
I was using Paragon for bootcamp backup but recently uninstalled it but no matter what it still has an icon in the task bar I can't uninstall, does anyone please know how to do this? I'm using a macbook pro that I want the task bar item installed ?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Did you try dragging it down to the Desktop with the Command key held down?
(Always helps to expedite a good answer if you initially report what you've tried.)

Paul.Butt

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Barry, South Wales
Yes that was my second course of action after secondary clicking it and seeing if there was a quit but all it does is have a drop down menu with 'backup now' and 'open application' there is another option at the top that says, 'last backup: none' but its greyed out Its the same if I left click it. It won't drag anywhere.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You missed the part Gregg mentioned about holding down the command key while you drag the icon off of the menu bar. That's the shortcut for taking those icons off the menu bar. The other way would be for you to open the application and look inside the app's preferences, where you should find a setting to display in the menu bar or not.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I'm sorry I did hold the ⌘ key down but forgot to insert it.
I don't know what that means. You should hold the command key down the same as you would as if you were typing a capital letter. Then, while keeping it held, move your mouse cursor over the icon, left click, and drag is off (way off) the menu bar.
If that doesn't work, your only option is the find it in the app preferences. It will be there. (Can you post a pic of the app preferences?)

Paul.Butt

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Barry, South Wales
Its the symbol on the command key, thats the way I did try to drag it. I've just sent an email to paragon. Thanks all for your suggestions.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Did Paragon provide an uninstaller, or did you just drag it to the trash? If you just dragged it to the trash, the menu extra may have remained behind. Look in /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/

You can copy that path and then past it into Finder > Go > Go to Folder...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.