Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
When trying to load this app, the word "United" is showing for about 3 seconds with the circular loading indicator running, then the app closes and screen returns to the app selection screen.

Any one able to use the United Airlines app on their watch?

BeckyG

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
When trying to load this app, the word "United" is showing for about 3 seconds with the circular loading indicator running, then the app closes and screen returns to the app selection screen.

Any one able to use the United Airlines app on their watch?

Nope. My logo on the watch is only 1/3 of the way colored in. The rest (the inner part) looks like the white face with the grey section lines on it. I hope it's ready by November when I take my next flight. Lol!

gvogrin

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
United App does not open for me either. I have tried reinstalling and also keeping my iPhone app running when I try to load the app.

The passbook support does work so I can put my boarding pass on passbook and use it there.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
On the iPhone app, are you logged in to your Mileage Plus account?

I suspected that too. So I just created a new account today, and logged in my iPhone app. App is still crashing on the watch. Even tried uninstalling and installing the watch app, still no go.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Uninstall the app on iPhone and reinstall. That "fixed" the problem for me w/ United app on Watch.

I tried that, even tho I had just downloaded it...and it worked. United now works both on the iPhone and the watch. I guess maybe the downloads aren't always completing correctly. Also, I noticed that on the iPhone watch app, when I authorized it to show on the watch, there was a loading time. This time I waited until the United app loaded to the watch, before I opened the watch and tried it. That may have something to do with the problem...interrupting the install somehow.

KingCoffee

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
I used the United app on my Apple Watch to board a flight the other day and the person working the gate looked and me in shock and said "What did you just do?!"
I held up my wrist and smiled and he got all big eyed and said "oooh, the iWatch!"
Crazy to think that in the last month he hadn't seen one in use until then.

They should have just called it the iWatch. It's all strangers ever call it when they notice mine.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
reservation

I have the feeling that the United app at this point only works if you have an active or recent reservation.

I couldn't get it to load for weeks and weeks, then when I had an upcoming flight in a few days, sure enough the app loaded. It worked till 1 day after my final flight landed, then it stopped loading. I think it is doing maybe SOME sort of validation with the iphone app.

Also, it doesn't do ANYTHING more than show current reservation/s and flight status for the current flights in your current reservations. So, it's not a great loss to not have it do anything.

I DID use it to check-in at the gate (actually used passbook on the watch) and it's nice that when displaying notifications for passbook items, the screen doesn't time out quickly or go dark when you tilt your wrist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.