Units shipping in May from Q1 stock ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by beertapper, May 6, 2011.

1. beertapper macrumors member

With today's articles on LG's backlight bleeding issues, they mentioned it was resolved in the second quarter. I'm assuming most of the bleeding units have been sent out to customers who ordered in March, and retail stores.

What are the odds they are still shipping out inventory from Q1? There's some lag between shipping date and manufacture date I assume...the logistics must be nuts for all these orders...

2. btownguy macrumors 6502

3. An0nym0us macrumors newbie

could be. i ordered mine and there's a good wait for it and when i contacted apple to see if i could get it sooner they said that the batch i ordered from wasnt even being manufactured till mid may.

4. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

Usually they ship directly from the factory. You can see it by tracking your shipment, it's always from china.

There's no stock yet, they produce just in time.

5. beertapper thread starter macrumors member

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

One thing's for sure; a bunch of cold pizza munching geeks sitting around in their gym socks will not likely have their finger on the pulse of the production and shipping schedules of a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company.

7. Built macrumors 68020

According to other sources, the F in the serial number of Q1 units will be replaced with a G in the serial number of Q2 units.

As soon as we hear of G units popping up, the odds of getting a Q2 unit will increase.

I plan to purchase from a local Apple Store later in May and will only accept a G unit.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Based on reliable rumors from friends of mine in the alphabet industry, I am holding out for a lowercase h unit, unless the other rumor I heard is true, in which case Apple might do the double top secret retro-Z backflip, and assign all new iPads the letter Z, followed by Y, etc.

9. Built macrumors 68020

I'm buying as soon as the letter changes...or as soon as people report it here. :)

10. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Can you clarify which character of the serial number you are referring to?

Thanks

11. beertapper thread starter macrumors member

i think it's the 4th char in the serial number ?