"...Universal Attack Code for Intel Chips"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mikeyPotg, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

For all those who believe Apple should have stuck to PPC, we'll see if you're right ;)

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

I don't know if it's real or fake, there's really nothing, absolutely nothing, to go by. It's a publicity stunt for the hacking conference, whether it turns out to b real or not.

"You know, I have proof that Dubya is hiding extra terrestials in his home. I won't prove it yet, though, but come to my ET-conference and all will be revealed".

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ewww.....no. ;)

Time for a little AMD switcheroo?

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

would not surprise me but a modern OS can general shut down those problems. It is something I know first Athons from AMD back 4-5+ years ago had built in defense against that intel lack. on an XP update only the AMD chips could use that part of the update because intel did not have it built in.

it is a hardware protection against a certain type of code from getting the CPU stuck in an endless loop. It been something known for a while that intel chips lacked this hardware protection.

I think it is more show than anything else. Reality is not really going to happen. It does not take control over the computer but it can lock it up because the CPU is stuck.