Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jptelthorst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have an older universal dock with s-video output. I also have a black iPod video. The s-video out works fine, as well as the audio out. Unfortunately, the old TV I have does not have an S-Video input. I have an s-video to rca adapter that came with a 1Ghz powerbook I used to have, however, it doesn't seem to work with the dock (it doesn't seem to output anything). Has anyone else had this experience? I suppose there are s-video to RCA adapters specifically for this dock I could buy? Thanks.

BobC

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2007
Providence, RI
5th Gen. iPod Video output

As you probably know, the 5th gen. iPod Video was the last to offer composite video output (i.e., "yellow RCA plug") through the headphone jack. The old Universal Dock does the same thing, and passes that signal through. So, if you have (or can get) the old-style Apple A/V cable -- with the special 4-conductor 3.5mm plug on one end, 3 RCA plugs on the other -- you can plug that into the "audio output" jack on the back of the Dock. I do it all the time. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.