Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Anyone know when this is coming out? Big stopping point for a couple of people I know from getting a Mac as they use a lot of sites that are heavy on shockwave (games mostly) and it seems like Adobe can't be bothered to update it.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
I have seen a few articles online regarding the same question. This one looks to be promising for the future of Director and Shockwave: "Director Is Not Dead"

Yet, I can't help noticing that Director has all but disappeared from the few colleges that I am in contact with as well as studios that I am contracted with. So regardless of Director surviving, there are not as many student designer/developers being exposed to it so what will the true future of Director be? I don't think even Adobe even knows.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
I got a feeling that director is going the way of the dinosaurs, Adobe seems to be focusing all their effort in flash (eg flash lite, flex, apollo etc) and the issue is that it is possible to replace shockwave with flash, abeit shockwave currently now still offers more performance but the gap is narrowing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.