Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I am curious if you have enough credits to graduate with a certificate from your university and you do. Do you loose those credits towards a bachelors degree later on?

Therefore, having to take the courses over again to obtain your bachelors degree.

Thanks

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Depends on the school and courses you took. Some should be able to be used to obtain a bachelors.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Thank you. I had to leave university for financial reasons. I was left with enough credits to graduate with a certificate. So my university just emailed me asking if I would like to graduate with a certificate. Personally, I would find that to be embarrassing to walk across the stage for a certificate. I started out in liberal arts like everyone, therefore, I would graduate with a liberal arts certificate.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
In the US you would be able to return and apply previously earned credits toward a degree. You could also transfer them to another school at their discretion. I'm sure Canada is similar.

Also, take the certificate. You earned it. There's no shame in taking a break due to financials.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
You send your transcsripts to your states evaluation office and pay a few.
They will then determine what old credits will be transferable.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Thank you for your input. Looks like I can graduate with the certificate and use the credit hours later on to finish my degree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.