University credit hours question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Apr 30, 2015.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I am curious if you have enough credits to graduate with a certificate from your university and you do. Do you loose those credits towards a bachelors degree later on?

Therefore, having to take the courses over again to obtain your bachelors degree.

Thanks

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Depends on the school and courses you took. Some should be able to be used to obtain a bachelors.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thank you. I had to leave university for financial reasons. I was left with enough credits to graduate with a certificate. So my university just emailed me asking if I would like to graduate with a certificate. Personally, I would find that to be embarrassing to walk across the stage for a certificate. I started out in liberal arts like everyone, therefore, I would graduate with a liberal arts certificate.

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

In the US you would be able to return and apply previously earned credits toward a degree. You could also transfer them to another school at their discretion. I'm sure Canada is similar.

Also, take the certificate. You earned it. There's no shame in taking a break due to financials.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

You send your transcsripts to your states evaluation office and pay a few.
    They will then determine what old credits will be transferable.

7. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thank you for your input. Looks like I can graduate with the certificate and use the credit hours later on to finish my degree.