University Discount Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jamz00, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Jamz00 macrumors member

So apparently I get a discount on my voice plan through the premier store when I enter my school email address but do I get that discount if I buy an iphone in person? I reserved an iphone at an Apple store and I'm wondering if the discount is only available if I order a phone through the premier store and set everything up online.

2. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Just call AT&T after you got your phone and have them apply your discount.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I called the premiere folks. I'm with the University of Washington and everything was going good until I said "iPhone" , then she started to say I couldn't get any discounts besides a 10% voice discount.

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

Where you purchase does not impact your National Account Discount (NAD). Your university has a contract with AT&T and there should be a Foundation Account Number (FAN) assigned to your account. You should see it in the upper right of the web page when you log in to the Premier Store via OLAM.

If you are a new AT&T customer, once you get your line activated, you can use this link to complete your registration and start receiving your service discount.

Discount Confirmation link: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

Dave

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

From what I understand, there are no University discounts on the iPhone. There is a discount on the plan itself of 15% for my University, but the phone will cost the full price.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Correct. Everyone pays the same price for the phone, no matter what (well, within the same pricing scale anyways). The discount can be applied to your account and will result in money off each month at whatever percent your organization supports.

7. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

This is the route I went. As part of the confirmation process it asked you to enter your .edu email address and then sent a link to that address for you to click on and complete the process. My discount showed up on my online AT&T account pretty much immediately after I completed the online process. It took under 60 seconds from start to finish.

8. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I couldn't get that link to work....

Any other way to get the page to load or a different URL?