University Education Discount for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleAmbassador, Jul 17, 2013.

1. AppleAmbassador macrumors newbie

Can I get the school education discount price for a new Macbook Pro in store or do I have to order online? Thank you in advance.

2. jmdMac macrumors regular

You can get it online.

http://store.apple.com/us_edu_43939

3. AppleAmbassador thread starter macrumors newbie

4. G33Kster macrumors newbie

yes.

5. Xgm541 macrumors 65816

More than likely yes. But why not check for yourself?

6. AppleAmbassador thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the brick and mortar Apple store make custom MBPs or is that only reserved for online purchase?

7. angelica314 macrumors member

You can also buy it new with a discount at any Apple retailer. I bought a new one at Best Buy & got the discount. Much better to get a refurbished one though, just a tip. It's brand new and you save lots more. I returned the new one and got the refurbished and was able to get the 256 gb one for less than I had payed (with the discount) for the 128gb. No scratches or anything and the the part that was problematic (if any at all) has been replaced new.

8. scbond macrumors 6502

Both Apple online and the retail stores offer education pricing. Sales tax will always be included unless you are tax exempt. Most authorised resellers can also offer education pricing.

Shop around at each as they often offer different pricing and/or warranties. For example, in the UK if you order from the online store you get the same price (give or take a penny) yet you also get a 3 year higher education warranty.

9. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Only online, at least in the US. Note that some resellers can order custom configurations for you, but Apple stores (in the US) will not do it.