Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p71

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Hello Guys,
Let me start by saying... I know very little about Unix/Linux, but for a non-profit organization I've been asked to do a task, that is a far amount out of my knowledge.

About my host:
DreamHost.com
Unix/Linux Based
Best Plan

Okay heres what I need to do. Upload a version of LimeWire a P2P program for remote file sharing, but I don't even know where to begin to allow the web-server to run and host on LimeWire... Since I said I could do it before I knew what they were asking, I kind of have to do it.

I REALLY need some help here. I will pay if someone can setup it for me as a tip.

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
I have never heard of using Limewire to share files in a corporate setting. That is not even funny. Who thought of this idea? Does anyone in your organization realize the security risks you are taking?

p71

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
I have never heard of using Limewire to share files in a corporate setting. That is not even funny. Who thought of this idea? Does anyone in your organization realize the security risks you are taking?

Yeah, nor I have I... Until they asked me. Well, I don't think they know much about computing but its what they have to do, and supposedly it can be done. Of course all the data is publicly avalible, and they will be adding a P2P Link to their site (once I make that too)... So I really need some help :confused:

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
I think a better idea would be, host all your documents from that single server that you just bought, and just have it linked from the website, instead of relying on P2P networks.

You should contact me on messaging, I'd be willing to discuss and help

p71

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
I think a better idea would be, host all your documents from that single server that you just bought, and just have it linked from the website, instead of relying on P2P networks.

You should contact me on messaging, I'd be willing to discuss and help

Well, I'm not going to disagree with that... However, I don't have the ability to change anything about it, moreover I am kind of stuck with this task. I will send you a PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.