Unjailbreak before iOS 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by someone28624, Oct 8, 2011.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering if I should unjailbreak before I upgrade to iOS 5, or if I can just install the new iOS without doing anything with the jailbreak? Yes, I know I will lose my jailbreak when I upgrade, I just don't want any stability issues.

2. blacksurfer macrumors regular

Upgrading will erase the partition so no need to unjailbreak first.

3. Boiler37 macrumors newbie

What about if you are doing the restore for the GM?

4. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

You have to restore to install the GM, so it's going to wipe everything anyways. No need to "Un-jailbreak", just install it.

5. downingp macrumors 6502a

I had a similar question and instead of posting a new thread, I thought I would ask it here.
    I am currently on a jailbroken iPhone 4 and will be upgrading to iOS5 on Wednesday. I have read that there is no need to unjailbreak as upgrading to iOS5 will take away the jailbreak. My question is, even though the jailbreak is gone, are there still "hidden" files left over from the jailbreak on the iPhone when restoring backups from iTunes?

Thanks.

6. PinkHappy macrumors newbie

7. ahu418 macrumors newbie

I was also wondering the same thing. Also, because for some reason every time I try to download iOS from iTunes, the connection always disconnects, I downloaded an ISPW file from the web, and when I try to upgrade my iPod with that, I always get Error 3194.

What do I do about that?

Thanks.