unjailbreak iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by waynef89, Jun 18, 2012.

1. waynef89 macrumors member

hi i have a friend who wants me to fix her iphone and unjailbreak it cos its stuck at the activation screen and wont activate cos i gather she has the 6.15.00 bb my question is if i hackivate it add ipad bb then use the new redsnow to downgrade the bb to 5.13.04 then use a custom firmware to restore it will that work to unjailbreak it etc cos she has the orgianl sim carrier what the phone orginally on if that makes sense but cant activate it due to like i said the ipad bb any help would be grateful

cheers

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

You should use more periods and commas.

Try restoring it in iTunes to the latest firmware. The baseband shouldn't matter. If that doesn't work, there's nothing I can do. Jailbreaking your iPhone voids your warranty, so I'd pray that there is a solution somewhere.

3. waynef89 thread starter macrumors member

sorry lol, she tried that and still wont activate

4. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

If you manage to downgrade successfully to 05.13.04, your phone should activate properly with the original carrier SIM. So yes, try that.

5. waynef89 thread starter macrumors member

Ok so if restore with custom firmware will that unjailbreak it? And she will be able to update to the next firmware when it comes out with official firmware though iTunes

6. jasonb21 macrumors newbie

unjailbreaking

a custom ipsw will unjailbreak your or you can downgrade your baseband and restore from itunes this i have done twice