Unjailbreak or just uninstall Cydia???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bunniebabe, Mar 8, 2011.

1. bunniebabe macrumors newbie

I would like to un-jailbreak my phone. It was unlocked and jailbroken using redsnow and cydia. I really don't need cydia and am afraid it's transmitting data I don't want to send...
    Is there any way to uninstall cydia and just keep my phone unlocked for tmobile??

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

If Ultrasn0w (for the unlock) is everything you have installed you need not worry about anything. Cydia doesn't transit any data and uninstalling Cydia is something I would advise against!

3. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not transmitting any data. If it's just sitting there on your springboard it's doing nothing

4. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

5. bunniebabe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys

I get what you're saying... I was just all freaked out by how much data this thing's using. But I'm thinking it's my network...iPhone isn't a listed phone for tMobile so there might be a compatability issue.
    I'm thinking of trying out at&t to see if the data usage settles down.
    I don't think it matters (with the at&t to go plan) that my phone is jailbroken...
    I'm ok with it the way it is, and if I change my mind in the future, I can just have iTunes un-jailbreak it.haha
    Thanks y'all :)

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The only way your phone could possibly be transmitting data, due to the jb, is if you were an idiot and installed pirated programs.
    If the only thing you installed from cydia was ultrasnow, then you're fine.