Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunniebabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I would like to un-jailbreak my phone. It was unlocked and jailbroken using redsnow and cydia. I really don't need cydia and am afraid it's transmitting data I don't want to send...
Is there any way to uninstall cydia and just keep my phone unlocked for tmobile??

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I would like to un-jailbreak my phone. It was unlocked and jailbroken using redsnow and cydia. I really don't need cydia and am afraid it's transmitting data I don't want to send...
Is there any way to uninstall cydia and just keep my phone unlocked for tmobile??

If Ultrasn0w (for the unlock) is everything you have installed you need not worry about anything. Cydia doesn't transit any data and uninstalling Cydia is something I would advise against!

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not transmitting any data. If it's just sitting there on your springboard it's doing nothing

bunniebabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks guys

I get what you're saying... I was just all freaked out by how much data this thing's using. But I'm thinking it's my network...iPhone isn't a listed phone for tMobile so there might be a compatability issue.
I'm thinking of trying out at&t to see if the data usage settles down.
I don't think it matters (with the at&t to go plan) that my phone is jailbroken...
I'm ok with it the way it is, and if I change my mind in the future, I can just have iTunes un-jailbreak it.haha
Thanks y'all :)

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
The only way your phone could possibly be transmitting data, due to the jb, is if you were an idiot and installed pirated programs.
If the only thing you installed from cydia was ultrasnow, then you're fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.