General Unjailbreakers, why did you do it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrf097, Jan 9, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

So, after thinking about it for a while, I've ended up deciding to remove my jailbreak from my iPhone and doing a complete restore.

The reason I did this is because what I did jailbreak for was hardly anything yet my phone was noticeably laggy in some situations. I just didn't think the system resources trade-offs were worth for what little I was doing. That said I might jailbreak again if I see more that I really want, but for now I'm going back to iOS 7 vanilla.

So for those who jailbroke iOS 7 but went right back, why did you do it?

2. Iceboie macrumors member

I updated my IPhone 5s and JBed it with the evasion app but my phone was stuck in a booting loop problem and so I just got tired and restored back to normal. I have the Tmo's Jump program where I can trade my phone for another new phone after six months and so, I am not sure if JBing is worth it. I also JBed my iPad mini with v7.04 but I don't see any good hacks that I must have. The main thing I JB my idevices is to apply new themes.

3. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Perhaps you had some bad tweaks.

I have a bunch of stuff installed on a 4S and it runs the same.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Some jailbreak to add loads of tweaks and themes to test out their idevices and to add some eye candy, and some do this to add more functionality to their idevices.

I'm from the second type.

As long as you do a little homework on a tweak before downloading them to see if any compatibility issues exist you should be ok.

I echo others by saying the initial JB does not cause any lag.

Its the tweak one downloads which can clash.

Simply remove each new tweak until the issue resolves.

5. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I agree with the above the jailbreak is perfect and doesn't cause lag.
    What does tho is installing every tweak that released.
    Install tweaks one by one and test for problems and if its ok keep it and you're good to go fir the next.