Unjailbreaking greenpois0n 4.2.6.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ghh, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ghh macrumors newbie

I currently have iOS 4.2.6 on my phone, so I assume this is greenpois0n jailbreak 4.2.6. In the time of the jailbreak, I've defintiely not exploited it to the extent that I thought I would, so I figured I'd go legal and set it to iOS5 and just pay for the apps legally. Granted, I only downloaded one app that costs $1, so no real loss.

I tried following the standard directions of restoring the phone. Seems like backing up and syncing were successful, but got a message at the very end of downloading after waiting for an hour that my iphone could not be restored. The phone is still functional. Tried googling and searching for answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Much thanks.

2. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Restoring your phone would all you need to do to "un-jailbreak". Did you get an error message/code?

3. ghh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i got 3194 that I am unable to restore the iphone. I followed instructions online to go into DFU mode and restore, and I get the same message...Tried downloading TinyUmbrella to remove Cydia association, and that didn't do anything either

4. ghh thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed. I needed to update iTunes. Seems like this is a common solution online.

Thanks!

I wonder if there is a way to get it to erase all signs of jailbreak yet retain all my SMS, photos, maybe even apps?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

nope Apple will forever know your a thief. Restore as new removes all jailbreak traces.(sigh) info until those little things called stickies. ;)