Unjailbreaking help...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lanes1lva, Oct 12, 2011.

1. lanes1lva macrumors member

I know there's others out there, but I just need a couple quick questions answered. I have an iPhone 3GS running 4.3.1 and used Jailbreakme to jailbreak... When I plug it in and hit "Restore", it wants me to update before I restore. Will this "brick" my phone, or will it work as planned? If it will "brick" it, or won't work, what can I do? Thanks, any help is appreciated. :)

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. caodapengtj macrumors member

There is no danger of trying that. Good luck if it works for you.
    We people w/ jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.3.5 are having issues here. The restore and update doesn't work for us. Still waiting for a fix.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It will not brick your phone. However, you will loose your jailbreak and with the current/update fw, you can only do tethered jailbreak only.

5. lanes1lva thread starter macrumors member

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

We updated both our phones today jb on 4.3.5. I did it this morning without a hitch. Girlfriend tried a couple hours later and it took like 20 times hitting restore and entering dfu mode but it worked. We all know the apple servers were lucky to make it through the day…
    [

QUOTE=caodapengtj;13579105]There is no danger of trying that. Good luck if it works for you.
    We people w/ jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.3.5 are having issues here. The restore and update doesn't work for us. Still waiting for a fix.[/QUOTE]